8 Ideas for Valentine’s Day Massage and Spa Specials
Are you stuck for ideas about how to sell specials to clients on Valentine’s Day? We have some ideas that will help your massage center or day spa get the rep for offering the most wanted Valentine’s gifts and packages in town. These ideas will pretty much sell themselves, and help grow your business too!
1. Flower it up… add a little Valentine’s Day flavor to your normal packages and market them as Valentine’s Day specials. You can do this by choosing one of your spa or massage treatments that’s usually in moderate demand and tailoring by adding ‘romance’ with chocolate, champagne (sparkling juice or another special drink will work too) or flowers. So, an aromatherapy or hot stone massage or European Facia with a glass of fizz as you wait or a small chocolate gift. Rename the treatment to suit the occasion.
2. Join up with other local businesses – like restaurants, florists, hotels and bars. Partner up with a select few venues and you could add a meal to each package – so clients start the evening with a massage and a bouquet, then go to the restaurant for a romantic meal.
3. Instead of just offering couples treatments, why not offer a massage class to couples? Set a romantic scene for a Valentine’s Day massage class, open it to a select few happy couples and teach them the basic techniques, giving them a chance to practice massage on each other. Lay on extras like a free mini aromatherapy massage kit to take away and watch the class fill up. Read more ideas for couples here.
4. Not everyone has the time to come in for a massage session on Valentine’s, so offer them a selection of products to take away or gift a partner instead. Offer a lovers’ massage starter kit with massage oils and pop in a coupon with money off a massage with you at a later date (or a couples’ massage lesson, even?)
5. Offer a Buy One Get One Half Price deal – anyone who has a massage treatment booked on Valentine’s Day gets a coupon for a half price massage for their significant other, or for a couples massage session (selected availability of course).
Did you know that the that there are around 105 million unmarried people in America aged 18 years old and older? They may be in relationships, but that still means there are plenty of single people out there with disposable income, just waiting for an excuse to treat themselves on Valentine’s Day.
Here’s a few ideas for the single ladies (and gents).
1. Host a Ladies’ Night for singles, and feature short head and shoulder massages, hand or feet massages, makeovers, mini facials, plus: strawberries, chocolates and pink champagne. Give each client a rose too…
2. Don’t forget the men, either. Host a Single Guys Night, with 30-minute sports massages. Showcase all the men’s products and perhaps offer beer tastings.
3. Set up a ‘Try Something Different’ evening where people can come along and try a short Reiki, reflexology or hand massage treatment and possibly even meet someone new <3.
With a little imagination you can create great specials for both couples and singles!