Live Massage CE Classes, 13 NCBTMB Approved Hours with Gael Wood ~ Boone, North Carolina October 28-29, 2017
Join me in beautiful Boone, North Carolina for a full 13 hour CE package including Ethics!
13 NCBTMB approved massage continuing education hours.
Gael Wood, NCBTMB approved CE provider
Saturday October 28
9am -12pm Facebook Marketing for Massage Therapists – 3 CE hours
This class takes you step-by-step through:
- Setting up your Facebook page
- Optimizing ALL the features it comes with, including your profile picture, cover photo, about section, and completing your profile
- Increasing engagement on your page (likes, comments and shares) Facebook is ALL about engagement!
- What you should post and when you should post it
- How often you should promote your services versus other posts
- Paid options and how to use them
This is a hands on class, bring your laptop and plan to work on or start your Facebook Page.
1pm – 5pm Rhythm and Movement, The Key to Relaxing Muscles with Zan Valliant – 4 CE hours
Persuading clients to relax gets much easier when rhythm is incorporated into one’s technique.
Zan Valliant has been practicing for 45 years during which time she has developed her own style of manipulating muscles and problem solving. This class focuses on becoming at ease using movement to gain the cooperation of the client. Attention will be on neck and shoulder techniques as well as hips.
Sunday October 29
9am -12pm Rebooking Your Clients – 3 CE hours
Learn EXACTLY how to rebook massage clients!
Are you struggling to build up your massage practice? Do you wish clients would rebook effortlessly without an awkward conversation that leaves you feeling “salesy”? If this is you, I can help!
This Class Covers:
- Educating your clients so they understand WHY they should come in regularly.
- Increasing your income through retail sales.
- Essential phone skills to get clients in the door, and already thinking about their next session!
- Follow -up practices that sets you apart from other therapists.
- Upgrading your bookings and making your clients feel like VIP’s.
- Asking for and getting endless referrals.
1pm – 4pm Ethics “Sticky Situations and Boundary Bloopers” – 3 CE hours
As massage therapists, we come across a variety of requests from clients, client behaviors, communication challenges, and sticky situations. In this class, we will discuss and role play handling a variety of ethical challenges using the NCBTMB code of ethics as a guide.
Next, we will check in on boundary issues using the survey “Discovering Your Boundary Issues” from The Ethics of Touch by Ben E. Benjamin, PhD and Cherie Shonen-Moe. We will discuss our findings and ways to improve our awareness of client/therapist boundaries to avoid inadvertent slips into unethical behavior.
Classes will be held at my home in my new teaching room in downtown Boone, North Carolina!
There are many choices of hotels within 1-2 miles of my house, as well as restaurants within a short walking or driving distance.
If you have questions or would like to pay by check please email Gael at firstname.lastname@example.org